Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Girl Scout Sailing 2011

During the summer of 2011 I was able to teach quite a few sailing lessons and the high light of my teaching during the summer was teaching Girl Scouts. The last day of the program we did a big race with Hobie Wave's, Catalina Zumas, and Lido 14's. The Wave's are easiest to teach kids to sail on due to their stability and easy to sail. The Zumas and Lido's were much more prone to capsize and harder for the girls to control. However on the last day all the girls did exceptionally well on whatever boat they sailed, except when the wind picked up and a few of the monohulls capsized. Teaching kids can sometimes be challenging but I have to say the girls shown in this video were easy to teach and I felt honored that I was able to teach them, and interact with them.
Miles Moore, funtosail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment