Monday, September 14, 2026

Last sailing class and 2027 classes

Hello fellow sailors. It was a sad day on September 12 when I taught my last group sailing class of 2026 (private lessons still available). Like each year it always comes to an end. I do get a break and get to enjoy the holidays with my family and friends, so there is that.

I do keep sailing in the winter, mostly on my little Hobie Wave catamaran sailboat. I have even sailed on snowy days. I have sailed on Lake Coeur d'Alene and Hayden Lake (Idaho USA) when most of the lake was frozen (see vid below). I will be posting some winter sailing videos so stay tuned by visiting this site regularly. Sailing in the winter is also my training for the 2028 Race 2 Alaska.


The good news is our 2027 sailing class dates for the Complete Sailor 101 have been posted. Will soon have our 2027 Small Boat 100 classes dates posted.


If you have taken a class in the past and would like to take the classroom portion again as a refresher, we offer the indoor class in-person or via video.


We will likely be adding "Spinnaker sail class" for 2027. If you do not know what a spinnaker sail is, it's a sail that looks like a big balloon forward of the mast off the bow.


We will also be offering small boat trapezing class as well.


In 2027 for the Small Boat 100 classes, we will be adding an end of the season regatta and potluck. So past students can come to the regatta and race fellow students. And students who did not take the Small Boat 100 class can come and watch, east food. It's actually nothing serious, just a fun get-together, with some not serious racing.



And finally, Mindy our Small Boat 100 instructor is planning a Halloween class in October 2027. Come dressed up in your favorite scarry costume, etc. More info coming soon.


Winter sailing...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search

ARCHIVE