Thursday, February 8, 2018

Is the Hobie 16 for you?

I have said it over and over that the Hobie 16 (H16) is the best beach cat on the market, and has been for almost 50 years. I currently have a book full of beach cats built from 1950's to today (will be putting this info online). Each time a new cat comes out someone will tell me that this cat or that cat will push the H16 off its pedestal, as the best selling and most sailed cat in the world. Well guess what they keep coming and going, and the H16 is still on its pedestal.

I have no doubt and predict that 100 years from now the H16 will still be the most sail cat ever. As foiling takes over the sailing world it will mean all cats/tris not foiling will go to the way side, except one, the H16, and there may be other exceptions such as the Hobie Wave due to being a great rental boat. 100 years from now you will see a Hobie 16 classic event where people will live the old sailing days on this boat, and it will continue to be the king of the surf, as foiling does not work well in breaking surf. No cat on the planet sails as well as the H16 in the surf.

So I was going to create a video to help you deterimine if the H16 is for you, but someone else beat me to it, and did such a good job with it that there is no need for me to create such a video.

If you are looking to purchase a new H16 please contact us and we will help you with that. However if you want to buy a used one check out our H16 Blue Book, it will give you everything you need to know to make a wise purchase... CLICK HERE

I hope you enjoy the video and if you have any questions leave a comment below on this page or email me/us at funtosail@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment