Thursday, February 12, 2015

Welcome to Access To Outdoors new website/blog!

Hello fellow recreational enthusiasts with disabilities! I am excited to finally get this site and our email distribution list going. My goal as well as others with starting Access To Outdoors (ATO) is to do two things! 1. Promote recreational accessibility within our communities, particularly accessibility to our parks, outdoor facilities, etc. Our second goal is simply to get together recreationally, i.e. go handcycling/cycling, water/snow ski, and my favorite sailing.

Right now this site is real simple and is certainly not an end product. My hope is to create an exciting logo, add pages, etc. to this site. You will notice on the right of this site and down I have placed links… these links are to business that to a small or large extend cater to persons with disabilities... more will be added as discovered or I am informed of.

So email me at accesstooutdoors@gmail.com to be added to our email distribution list. I will along with a few others post notices on this site when we plan to get together for a ride, or party, etc.

You will notice at the end of each post like this one there is the ability to make comments. So please do so with your questions, ideas, etc. Also via comments you can let others know about events, etc. you are planning.

I have supplied two videos from my accessible sailing program that I thought you all might enjoy to kick this site off right…

1. Continue… video is of all types of accessible recreation. At the 19:40 mark is video of my sailing program.

2. This is a video that the Spokesman Review did of a trip Scott and I did down the Spokane River.

No comments:

Post a Comment