Monday, February 23, 2015

Inland Northwest Sailing News!

Hello fellow sailors!

In this email... Deals, Accessible Sailing, Sea Scouts, Closing comments

SAILBOAT DEALS HOBIE’S AND RS MONOHULL DEALS
 
I am offering $500 off still on Hobie Tandem Islands and $300 off on Adventure Islands and Cats. There will be a shipping fee which should be very low due to the number of boats on this shipment. So do not let this deal pass if you want an amazing a new Island, T2, Wave’s, or, etc.

In addition I am now working with RS Sailing the manufacture of RS daysailing monohulls. Check out the line of RS monohulls at www.rssailing.com . Let me know if you would like to purchase one. The more boats I can get ordered the better deal I can pass on to you. www.funtosail.com

I AM STILL OFFERING SOME DEALS ON PARTS… Contact me to learn more… funtosail@gmail.com

ACCESSIBLE SAILING

The good news I would like to report is that my accessible/disAbled sailing program will be fully running this summer. And it looks like I may even have a new location to moor the accessible boats. I recently started accesstooutdoors.com and because of this effort I am getting more demand than ever to offer sailing to our local vets, etc., particularly those with spinal cord injuries… which is my specialty.

If you know of any Hobie 16’s that could be donated to my disabled sailing program please let me know. I am in desperate need of two Hobie 16’s to be outfitted with my Trapseats. Even having one Hobie 16 would be huge.

I will also be adding two Tandem Islands as well to the program… I am still working on the funding for this effort but Hobie has been very generous in supporting my efforts via a deal on Islands.

Also RS Sailboats has a new 20’ accessible/disAbled keelboat that I am also looking to add to my fleet. More on that later…

The goal is to have 2 Tandem Islands, 2 Hobie 16’s, and 1 RS Venture Keelboat in the fleet to be able to fully make sailing accessible to our local vets and others. It’s a big project but an important one as well. If you know anyone that has a spinal cord injury in particular then you know getting them away for the daily challenge of dealing with such a disAbililty is a huge benefit to their health on many levels.

If you could help in anyway let me know. All donations are tax deductible. http://bit.ly/1DeUwEG

SEA SCOUTS

The Sea Scout youth program is moving along nicely. We have meetings at my store the 1st and 3rd Sunday of each month unless otherwise noted. We are doing some fundraising so we can develop a budget for this program so no youth is left out. I am happy to announce that some local groups and people are stepping forward in big ways to help out with our budget needs, etc. If you would like to help out please let me know as the more support we get the more we can do for the youth. I might add this is a great way to support our sport by getting youth into sailing. http://bit.ly/1Lw5UOh

ENDING

I hear people regularly say this… “why is sailing not bigger in this area.” The truth is the only way it can become big in our area is if people come out to our sailing activities and volunteering to support our youth, disAbled, and adult programs and activities. Really it just comes down to getting out sailing either by yourself or with us… the more sailboats on the water that better.

I know there is a lot going on in the world that is more important than sailing, however I also know sailing is a great way to reduce stress, and socializing with great people can bring many benefits to ones life… I know it has for me.

I truly love you all and wish you a very wonderful 2015! I have great hopes that I will see you at least at one of our activities… it would be wonderful to see you. Check out our calendar at http://bit.ly/17OioDK . More events will be posted shortly.

PS remember this Wednesday again is my Food for Sailors classes at my SAIL Marine store. And my sailing classes are now running so sign up soon as the classes fill up fast… http://bit.ly/1zaYF7K

If you need to contact me (Miles Moore) call 208-704-4454 or email me for sales info at funtosail@gmail.com or for club or Sea Scouts at inlandnwsailors@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment