Friday, August 9, 2013

News and Updates

Hello fellow sailors! So sorry it has been so long since I wrote you all but I have been busy, busy…

SAIL Marine… So let me start in saying that I have been very busy this summer particularly getting all the new and used items priced and labeled at the store… this is no small task. I have also been working on my new online store again so another no small task. I have had a good sales season thus far and things are going well for the business.

MONOHULLS… If you notice I now have a small keelboat outside my store to emphasize I am not just a Hobie dealer but also a store that deals in monohull parts and accessories. My plan is to expand greatly in this area so I can better serve the local monohull community. My emphasis is trailer-able sailboats by the way.

PRICES CHANGES… If you want to purchase a Hobie Catamaran or Adventure Island, or Tandem Island the prices go up Sept. 1st. You need to pay by at least Aug. 25th so the funding can get to Hobie before the first of Sept.

SAILING SCHOOL… My sailing school is doing well (It’s Tiller Time Sailing School). Classes have been filling up, etc. I also now have another Keelboat and so my keelboat class is going again. This Keelboat class includes how to launch a trailer-able keelboat. My next class is Aug. 17th so sign up soon as the class is almost full. Once you finish this class you can move on to more advance skills via my sailing school or move into bigger Keelboats.

BOATING THE INLANDNW NORTHWEST is doing very well as now I am up to over 30,000 views a month, and these visitors are primarily from the Inland NW. I am now taking on advertisers, which will help me to afford to do more work for the site. My new Lake Coeur d’Alene map is finished and will be available some time next week. If you have not visited my site lately check out the Lake Coeur d’Alene section by clicking on this link… http://boatingtheinlandnw.blogspot.com/2012/03/lake-coeur-dalene-kootenai-county-idaho.html

EVENTS/TRIPS

Girls Youth Sailing Camp… Aug. 3-5

Over night sailing trip… Aug. 9-10 I will take my small trailer-able keelboat to Horse Show Lake… You all are welcome to join me. I am taking the keelboat so I can camp overnight in it. Check out this link to learn more about this lake… http://boatingtheinlandnw.blogspot.com/2012/03/horseshoe-lake-pend-oreille-county-wa.html

Small Boat Sailing Class (multihulls and keelboats)… Aug. 17th. Email me to sign up… funtosail@gmail.com


Spud Cup… Aug. 31-Sept. 1. I am trying to get a large group of sailors together for this event so if you are interested let me know. Would be great to have a large group of Hobie Cats there.
Potholes Reservoir and canal trip… Sept. 7th. This is a trip for TI’s and AI’s. You must have wheels as you will have to walk your sail yak about 2 miles and rope as you will have to belay the boat in pieces down a step 15 ft cliff. Email me for more details.

Small Boat Sailing Class (multihulls and keelboats)… Sept. 21st. Email me to sign up… funtosail@gmail.com

I am also planning an AI/TI Spokane River trip to downtown Spokane (kayaks of any style are welcome)… If you are interested email me at funtosail@gmail.com

FUNTOSAIL.COM. Visit my site as I will be working harder now to include more local events news, etc. Please if you do a local sail or have some fun sailing news please let me know so I can post it online at FunToSail.com and at the Facebook page.

MILES MOORE… As for sailing myself I have sailed at various locations this summer… my next trip is to Horse Shoe Lake in Pend Oreille County, then another trip at the Potholes Reservoir and canal with a TI, then to Upper Priest Lake on my keelboat and so on. I think this has been one of the better years for sailing due to all the wind this summer.

Fair winds,

Miles Moore
Sailing the Inland NW/Hobie Fleet 926 commodore
SAIL Marine
funtosail.com
boatingtheinlandnw.com

No comments:

Post a Comment