ATTENTION THE INTERNATIONAL HOBIE 16 TRAPSEAT REGATTA INFORMATION WILL BE POSTED HERE SHORT... Please stay tuned.
NOTICE OF RACE (NOR) document... To Be Posted here shortly!
JOIN / DONATE / CONTACT US
firstname.lastname@example.org or text 208-704-4454
1. A Hobie 16 with Trapseats shall be sailed by a helmsperson.
2. Helmsperson or crew may be able-bodied (AB) or disAbled.
3. There shall be two Trapseats attached either side of a cat.
4. The crew ONLY may hike from any position.
5. When racing no part of the torso of the helmsperson shall pass the centerline (center lacing) of the boat.
6. Before a race the helmsperson shall nominate which side of the boat from which they will steer/helm the boat.
7. Rule 5 shall not apply in the event of a capsize.
8. No competitor will be disqualified due to assistance in the event of a capsize of other emergency deemed such by the race organizers.
9. Righting system that are not motorized are legal to use.
10. Races will take place in 15 knots, not to exceed 20 knots.
11. Races will take place in protected waters and/or waters deemed safe by race organizers.
12. Mast top floats of any make can be use for safety purposes during races.
13. None Hobie parts and accessories can be used on any boat during races, such as non Hobie trampolines, etc. Also non-comptip masts are allowed. However when racing in Hobie class sanctioned events all items on one's boat must be Hobie class legal (meaning class parts and accessories must be made by Hobie). In the US and Canada masts must have comptips.
CAUTION: We do not advise trapezing off the Trapseats top tube even though racers do so. Trapseats have been in production since 1984 with no incidents associated with damage to a Hobie 16, however be advised that using Trapseats on a new Hobie 16 can potentially void the boat warranty if Hobie determines an issue was caused by the Trapseats. As with any outdoor activity being injured or death may result, and FunToSAIL takes no responsibility to said results or voided warranty when using our Trapseats.
About Mike Strahle: http://funtosail.blogspot.com/2017/11/mike-strahle-and-trapseats.html
Trapseat Sailing: http://funtosail.blogspot.com/2017/11/apseat-sailing-this-is-first-official.html
Trapseat Americas Cup Info: http://funtosail.blogspot.com/2016/07/trapseat-americas-cup.html
Great article about adaptive sailing: http://funtosail.blogspot.com/2014/01/the-new-sailing-experience-hobie-tandem.html
Hobie 16 Blue Book: http://funtosail.blogspot.com/2015/10/hobie-16-blue-book.html
HOBIE 16 TRAPSEAT CHAMPIONSHIPS. Canadian news interview.
1997 WORLD TRAPSEAT SAILING CHAMPIONSHIPS. Racing in Australia.